We started the day with breakfast as we always do. Delicious as always, but two stories from breakfast. There is a chef there that takes a la carte orders of eggs, pancakes, waffles, dim sum, fried rice, etc. I thought about what I wanted today, and I went up to him and ordered two eggs over medium. His response..."that's a new one. I've never heard of that." He said it very calmly, so I thought for a moment he might have been joking. But, sadly he wasn't. Second, when we go to get breakfast, we are sat down at a table, we get up to go get breakfast and for some reason (probably because I'm a bigger pig), Mary heads to sit down first. For the second day in a row, Mary sat back down at the wrong table! At least there was no one there today. Yesterday, she actually told someone that they were in the wrong table! Ha.
Today, we went to go snorkeling after breakfast. Unfortunately, the rain yesterday and the high winds kicked up a lot of sand in the ocean. The water was very cloudy and you could barely see a foot in front of you. So, it wasn't that much fun. Add to that the water was very rough today, we stopped snorkeling pretty early on. We chose to sit out by the pool and then the beach. The sun was blazing hot, and I only lying out for a few minutes, but I am totally burnt on my front side now! This is pretty bad, much worse than my back. Hopefully, it feels better tomorrow since we want to do some last minute snorkeling before we leave.
We had also planned to use the resort's SeaBobs. That's the official name, but the resort people call it the James Bond machine. They are basically handheld propellers. I'll post pictures soon. You hang out to one in front of you and pull a trigger and off you go, like being pulled by a dolphin, but these are fast! They can go up to 25kph (~15mph). Best of all, you can dive underwater with them. They were super fun, probably the most fun I've had here. But it was expensive, $170 per hour to use. I asked how much they were and he told me about $25k. Crazy huh?
For dinner, we went back to Fish restaurant, where Mary and I both had some local seafood. Mary got the local lobster that she loves. They asked her how much she wanted and told her it was $30 per 100g. She replied that she'd like a 1-pound lobster. Finally, the waiter suggested that she come up to the tank and just choose which one she wanted. She loved the dish though. I had fresh caught grouper. Also excellent.
After dinner, we went to the club. Yes, the club. It's called Fifteen below and is pretty much set up like any small club in New York. This place was literally beneath the Fire restaurant and had a few tables and some bed type things. We sat in one for a while, but since there are only 80 or so guests at the resort, most of whom that do not want to go out to a club, there were only about 10 people in there. After one drink, we got bored and came home to find our bill...mind you we already pre-paid for the room itself (which included breakfast everyday) and the round-trip seaplane rides and our bill still came out to $2000! oh well. With still one day to go, I asked Mary if she was sad that the honeymoon was almost over and she said no because it had been a very memorable and wonderful trip. I agree, but I'm still sad it's almost over...
Thursday, June 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment